Customer Support Specialist
|Hiring Organization||Ruby Virtual Receptionists|
|Post Name||Customer Support Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
We are seeking a Customer Support Specialist (Problem Solver & Happiness Maker)! The Customer Support Specialist (PSHM) delivers on Ruby’s promise to delight every caller, every day by listening to the needs of our customers and resolving issues, from blips in service to billing errors to full-blown disasters.
They will also be responsible for the ongoing overall support of our Ruby customer accounts. This includes but is not limited to the health and satisfaction of our customers by supporting the customer life-cycle post sales, maintaining customer satisfaction, reviewing customer utilization of the product highlighting best practices as needed, and ensuring retention goals are met.
The Customer Support Specialist (PSHM) collaborates with our Services, Billing, Product, and Technology teams to deliver the Ruby experience for our customers and look for ways to give them what they don’t even know they want.
Ruby’s service is differentiated by our commitment to providing a world-class experience for customers and callers. The Support team is the secret sauce to Ruby’s service, going above and beyond to provide exceptional service. It’s not just about knowing our customers by name; it’s about showing them we’re an extension of their team.
This position will report to the Happiness Cultivator and is open to U.S.-based remote candidates within AZ, KS, MO, OR, TX, and WA as well as in-office candidates in the Portland, OR metro area.
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Deliver Ruby’s world-class support to customers by providing both a reliable and standout experience in resolving incoming requests.
- Problem solves incoming customer requests, billing inquiries, account updates, complaints, and comments objectively, respectfully, and professionally. Work independently and cross-functionally to resolve issues and uphold Ruby’s WOW-worthy service standard.
- Foster strong customer relationships through positive, accurate, thorough, and timely interactions and follow-up.
- Act as Tier 1 support for customers’ telephony issues, explaining complex issues in layman’s terms and being the go-between for the customer and their service provider, when necessary. Seamlessly pass off Tier 2 issues to in-house Telephony experts.
- Work with the Product team to convey the user experience and advocate for the customer. Relay feedback about current products and experiences, report bugs or software glitches, and participate in efforts to improve the software.
- Troubleshoot and investigate incoming issues to determine root causes and provide a solution when possible, documenting findings accurately.
- Provide timely support to Services by responding to incoming requests for assistance clarifying customer instructions, making edits to customer status, and anything in between. Advocate for receptionists and be the voice of the customer.
- Be an engaged member of the Ruby Community as guided by Ruby Core Values. Work to promote a positive culture acting with respect and kindness to all coworkers and taking accountability for words and actions.
Key Success Indicators
- You thrive under pressure with grace and apparent ease. Your positivity and can-do attitude emanate from your being.
- Your ability to confidently anticipate your customer’s needs makes some think you may be a mind-reader. You have a knack for understanding and distilling information. You are a service-oriented problem solver.
- Peers turn to you when they need guidance with a frustrated caller, tapping into your unparalleled empathy and customer focus. Your experiences Ruby-service-savvy empower you to make judgment calls with confidence.
- You are accurate and precise, and never let an item fall off your list. You take care to leverage technology to operate efficiently and effectively, making the best use of every keystroke.
- You don’t need every last detail on a topic before being able to take the core facts, talk to the right people, and formulate a plan of action. “Gray” is just another word for “options” in your world. You are adaptable!
- You are accountable, proactive, and thoughtful, with high attention to detail, follow-through, and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Passers-by can see the wheels turning when you get a doozy that makes you go “hmmm.” You marinate on creative solutions that perfectly match the customer’s need and stamp it with your special personal touch, collaborating when appropriate.
- A team player is one way to describe you, although you prefer Rockstar Collaborator. You jump at the opportunity to pitch in and feed the greater good. No job is too big or small when you can lend a helping hand.
Your Work DNA
- Ruby Reliability –I thrive on earning the trust of clients, co-workers, and our internal partners. I deliver high-quality work on time and on task; I take the time to ensure procedures are followed creating continuity with our processes and customer satisfaction expectations are met if not exceeded.
- Resolution Driven –I innovatively find solutions to challenges clients are experiencing by collaborating with management and interdepartmentally subject matter experts that can source alternative and effective solutions to support our clients effectively strengthening our partnerships. We are in this together!
- Collaborative mindset –I collaborate with others; I strive to share information openly; I actively listen and take time to empathize and understand the viewpoints and perspectives of others; I Fondly show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
- Integrity first approach –I am proud of the way I represent myself and Ruby every day and in every action; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest, and open conversations while creating a positive work environment where open dialogue is appreciated and valued; I represent information and data accurately and completely
- Minimum 2-3 years in a Customer Support role at a Technology company, Tier II or III support preferred.
- Excellent reliability and record of responsible attendance.
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving in a fast-paced, technical environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously with a genuine smile.
- Technical savvy and telephony interest are a must; some expertise is preferred.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with diverse audiences over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Proficient in a variety of MS Office applications, solid computer skills, and an ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written Spanish is a plus.
Candidates near Portland have the option to work from our beautiful open-concept office. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time, or hybrid.
If an in-office environment isn’t for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person or virtually, by phone and computer.
Ruby’s participation in e-Verify was mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to the state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.