Fondren Orthopedics Research Associate
|Post Name||Fondren Orthopedics Research Associate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
Under general supervision, the research associate will conduct research projects within the Fondren Orthopedic Research Institute while following established applicable research regulations, procedures, and best practices.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Works with the Chief Scientist, Chief of Clinical Research, study personnel, medical staff, and Fondren Orthopedic Group leadership to assist with, coordinate, and perform all phases of research projects including:
- Study design
- IRB application
- Data collection
- Data processing and analysis
- Manuscript and report writing
- Poster and presentation drafting for conferences
- Submission of manuscripts to journals
- Project and data archiving
- Ensures data quality and integrity for research projects. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Interfaces with the Chief Scientist to determine priorities and timelines for projects within the Fondren Orthopedic Research Institute.
- Tracks metrics for each research project and generates productivity reports.
- Recommends changes to increase the efficiency of research projects.
- Supervises and mentors research interns.
- Prepares ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
- Manages and creates content for Fondren Orthopedic Research Institute social media accounts.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information in compliance with regulatory and organizational policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a health science concentration
- Scientific Publication is required
- Must have previous research experience. CRA certification is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance many competing priorities and projects.
- Ability to gather and interpret data in which the information or problems are moderately complex.
- Advanced writing skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Must be able to conduct literature reviews and effectively analyze primary and secondary literature.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and reference management software. Knowledge of statistical software (R, Stata, SPSS, Python) is a plus.
- Highly effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with research personnel, clinical staff, and department leadership.
- Ability to integrate clinical knowledge with data skills into presentations, manuscripts, and posters.