|Hiring Organization||CFA Institute|
|Post Name||Affiliate Researcher|
|Qualification||Three levels of affiliates include recent undergraduates and those who have completed master’s or doctorate degrees|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8000 To USD 10000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10017|
CFA Institute is the world’s largest association of investment management professionals. As a global, independent organization, with a community of more than 175,000 members and 150+ member societies, we lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics.
Education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society. At CFA Institute, we care about our employees’ mental, physical, social, and financial well-being. That’s why we are committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers flexibility to make choices that meet their needs:
- Health & Well-being benefits that are amongst the best in the industry with full comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and their family members
- Comprehensive Leave and Time Off plans
- A focus on Financial Well-being means that we stack our retirement benefits against the most competitive standards.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness, Education, and Employee Assistance Benefits
Job Description Summary:
CFA Institute is looking to appoint Researchers/Senior Researchers (collectively, “Affiliates”) for one-year terms to develop and conduct research in accordance with our thematic research agenda. We intend to hire Affiliates from academia at graduate and post-graduate (Masters and Ph.D.) levels.
The objective of the Affiliate Research Program is to identify and highlight the practical relevance of the latest developments in the respective thematic areas. Specifically, the research program aims to i) improve knowledge and understanding among investment practitioners, institutions, and policymakers in the respective fields; ii)
Support the development of industry best practices, regulation, and market integrity; iii) support talent development in the investment management ecosystem. Affiliates will be tasked to develop research under the supervision of the Senior Head, of Research and will be provided a mentor from the leadership team of the Research, Advocacy, and Standards group.
CFA Institute will own all intellectual property and will publish the research conducted under the Research & Policy Center. For those aspiring to publish in academic journals, the creation of derivative works will be permissible following the publication of the original work by the CFA Institute. All projects must be completed through to publication within the 1-year term of appointment.
We welcome applicants with specific research interests in:
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Big data, alternative data, data analytics, and visualization
- Distributed ledgers and Blockchain
- Cryptoassets and Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Decentralized Finance (Defi)
- Pensions and retirement income systems
- Active vs passive investing
- Investment products, asset classes, factors
- Financial stability, systemic risk
- Sustainability data, processes, and analytics
- Climate change, human capital management, and other environmental, social, and governance issues
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Opportunities exist in London, New York, Washington, DC, Hong Kong, and Charlottesville, VA, with a commitment to be in the nearest office at least two days per week. Examples of previous research by
As a CFA Institute Affiliate, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible and accountable for conducting and managing research projects, drafting consultation responses, research papers, and articles on capital markets issues
- Develop and analyze capital markets project ideas, conduct research, develop well-articulated arguments and policy positions and standards
- Affiliates with Post Doctorate and/or significant research industry experience may have additional responsibilities including proposing research projects, managing the research work on a project, and mentoring other affiliates in research practices
The qualifications for this role include:
- Three levels of affiliates include recent undergraduates and those who have completed master’s or doctorate degrees, with experience in Finance, Economics, Law, or similar field CFA Candidate or charter holder plus Must have writing and analytical skills
- Capacity for synthesizing complex documentation and establishing links between factors Fluency in English required, knowledge of additional languages would be useful Self-starter who can work independently and is results driven Demonstrated outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management