RN Case Manager
|Hiring Organization||Amatus Health Care|
|Post Name||RN Case Manager|
|Qualification||Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Must be licensed in the State as a registered nurse.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 To USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75234|
Nursing care is in accordance with the client’s plan of care and includes comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring of the client’s condition, health promotion, and prevention, coordination of services, teaching and training activities, and provision of direct nursing care and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Conducts the admission of the patient when necessary.
- Obtains a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the patient and/or family member(s).
- As needed, performs a comprehensive assessment to include OASIS, evaluation of the home situation to determine what health teaching will be required and services needed.
- Develops and updates the plan of care in consultation with the physician and all clinicians who perform the comprehensive assessments for the client.
- Participates in the patient’s discharge planning process.
- Provides skilled nursing care as needed in accordance with the plan of care.
- Supervises and evaluates the Home Health Aide Care Plan in conjunction with the clinician establishing the aide care plan.
- Supervises that the aide supervisory visits are conducted every 14 days and when necessary, performs such supervisory visits.
- Prepares and presents patient’s record to the Clinical Record Review Committee as indicated.
- Cooperates with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Continuity strives to improve nursing care by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations, and individual research and reading.
- Supervises that LVN supervisory visits are concluded monthly and when necessary, performs supervisory visits. Also, supervision communication with LVN is documented twice monthly concerning client status.
- Responsible for the overall clinical record maintenance to include documentation filed within 7 days, medication profile updated, timely orders/plans of care, comprehensive assessments, including OASIS is timely, etc.
May be requested by the Administrator or CEO to fill in for the other nurses when on vacation or sick and other duties as deemed necessary.
Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Must be licensed in the State as a registered nurse. Experience: One or more years in a home health agency or hospital setting. Home health experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledgeable of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines. Good communication skills and ability to establish a good rapport with other staff members. Working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation thereof.
Skillful in the organization of work and in principles of time management; and knowledge of management process. Ability to contribute to the quality of care being rendered through constructive communication with nursing managers and nursing staff.
The ability to drive extensively in a geographic area. Must be able to access clients’ homes which will not be routinely wheelchair accessible. Hearing eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client’s condition and to perform and demonstrate client care.
Physical activities may include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing. Maximum to the minimal lifting of clients and turning clients. On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weight up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
Lifting and carrying nursing equipment. Frequent writing and telephone communication. Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people. Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Thermometer, B/P cuff, glucometer, penlight, handwashing materials.
- Access to all client medical records which may be discussed with the Director of Nursing.