Process Safety Engineering Manager
|Post Name||Process Safety Engineering Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77042|
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey toward more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy, and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
We are looking for bright and motivated individuals to apply their education and industrial experience to our engineering team to develop and manage our Process Safety Group. To succeed in this role you must have strong leadership skills and thrive in team settings. Are you our new Process Safety Engineering Manager? Click the apply button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
As our new Process Safety Engineering Manager, you will work alongside our Process Engineering Manager to manage and grow a small team of Process Safety Engineers within our Energy practice. As part of our Engineering Department, you will coordinate with our multi-discipline design/engineering staff to assure safe and quality designs for the chemical manufacturing market.
A core competency required to be successful experience facilitating and scribing Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) for our clients regulated by OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM). You will also work closely with our Process Safety & Risk Management Group auditing our client’s PSM Programs to identify gaps and areas of improvement. Your responsibility will be to assuring Process Safety for our projects over the total life cycle running from technical studies, front-end loading stages, and detailed engineering design to constructability reviews.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage our growing Process Safety Engineering Group
- Participate in the development of internal Process Safety policies and procedures
- Facilitate and scribe PHAs for chemical manufacturing processes (HAZIDs, HAZOPs, FMEA, LOPAs)
- Facilitate and scribe Dust Hazard Analyses (DHAs) for industrial processes
- Perform PSM applicability studies
- Perform PSM Audits
- Support our Process Engineering and Controls System Integration groups for the design and implementation of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Communicate and document effectively with the project team, including outside contacts, customers, and other engineering departments.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) and 5-15 years of relevant experience in process safety engineering
- Experience with facilitation and scribing of PHAs
- Experience with PHA Facilitation Software (PHA Works, PHA Pro, or similar)
- Experience with combustible dust standards and DHA facilitation
- Experience with the design and/or operation of PSM-covered processes
- Experience with auditing the requirements for PSM processes (eg. operating procedures, mechanical integrity program, management of change)
- Experience with Safety Integrity Level (SIL) calculations is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- 20-40% travel, valid driver’s license required
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated to support the enhancement of Ramboll’s safety culture
- Motivated to mentor and support the development of process safety expertise with less experienced engineering staff
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Willingness to challenge the normalization of deviance
- Desire to continue to learn, grow and advance career