Retail Sales Associate
|Post Name||Retail Sales Associate|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60611|
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, and meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home.
And start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good. Be yourself & more at H&M.
About the Role
At H&M, as a Retail Sales Associate, you will be advising our customers and keeping them in style! A Retail Sales Associate, or Sales Advisor, as referred to internally, is responsible for delivering the Best Customer Experience that contributes to the store’s sales and profit.
As a Retail Sales Associate, you will always put customers first, offer assistance, and share your Product and Fashion knowledge. You will create an environment that is easy for our customers to shop through Store Operations and Great Garment Care.
By sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues, you will actively contribute to creating a Best Team to meet our customers’ expectations. This role will work in accordance with H&M standards, policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Actively greet and engage with our customers in the service areas and on the sales floor to provide the best customer experience
- Support in the maintenance of a neat and tidy sales floor to ensure a positive shopping experience inclusive of folding, hanging, displaying, and merchandising garments per H&M guidelines to maximize selling opportunities
- Actively process, stock, and replenish garments on the sales floor and stock room
- Unload delivery truck, receive, open, and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security tags within efficiency timeline goals
- Ring on the register, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts, and fold and place merchandise in the appropriate bag following the register best practices routine
- Eager to educate and promote our H&M Loyalty program to our customers
- Share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues, offering help where needed to build a positive working environment
- Work in accordance with H&M standards and local legislation with health & safety and security routines to guarantee you, your colleagues, and customer safety at all times
- Follow all procedures and routines regarding safety, security, and administrative processes in all areas of the store
Who You Are
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- A team player with a flexible approach
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekend
Why You’ll Love Working for H&M
- A dynamic, team-driven work environment with a group of unique, diverse, and kind individuals.
- Endless growth & development opportunities
- Dress your personality. We encourage you to dress your personality all day, every day.
- Did we mention our discount at H&M, &Other Stories, and COS?
Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Sales Associates Start at $16.50 per hour**
H&M believes in rewarding our employees for their many contributions to our shared success. That’s why we offer a full range of inclusive benefits that enable wellness, both in and outside of work.
We pride ourselves on being a do-good company and we have a comprehensive benefits package that matches that ambition. Please note, benefits may have eligibility requirements based on employment status.
We offer a 25% Staff Discount – Medical, Pharmacy Vision, and Dental Coverage – Employee Assistance Program – Vacation, Wellness, Holiday, and Parental Pay – 401K – Commuter Benefits, Health, and Dependent Care FSA. Plus, additional Voluntary Benefits.
EEOC Code: SLS
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
H&M, in good faith, believes that this posted rate of compensation is the accurate range for this role at this location at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future.