Sales Support Associate
|Post Name||Sales Support Associate|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 4000 Per Month|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60611|
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last—for you to be yourself.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible. A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach.
All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style. A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Selling and Service
- Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with the Company priorities and values
- Creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team
- Meets customer needs through solution-oriented and forward-thinking
- Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
- Creates positive impressions with the store team and customers by bringing the best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with
- Coach’s guide to style
- Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
- Influences customers’ purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
- Takes ownership and commitment to delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
- Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
- Demonstrates persuasive (not aggressive), confident, friendly, and genuine service skills and selling behaviors
- Discusses product features and builds the sale by suggesting appropriate add-on items to fit the customers’ specific needs
- Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
- Develops product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
- Demonstrates knowledge of competition and can apply that knowledge to building sales and customer relationships
- Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
- Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach standards
- Meets or exceeds personal productivity goals (selling or processing)
- Workplace and Environment
- Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, trust, and collaboration with peers, customers, and supervisors
- Demonstrates confidence when working with customers
- Takes initiative; has a high level of ownership and accountability for individual results
- Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
- Represents Coach as a brand ambassador at all times
- Is adaptable and flexible to change
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
- Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
- Handles and offers solutions to customer issues appropriately and involves a manager when necessary
- Promotes and endorses a team-selling environment
- Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap, and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
- Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations, and Loss
- Prevention procedures
- Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship-building and clienteling efforts; including driving sales and achieving individual goals
- Replenishes inventory on the sales floor as needed
- Processes shipment/transfers as needed and within Coach standards and timeframes
- Scans cartons/transfers and verifies store information is correct
- Processes shipment/transfers according to the Coach’s productivity standards and timeframe
- Sensory product to standard
- Bullets and retickets products as appropriate
- Sends out repairs
- Processes charge sends/charge holds
- Prepares and conducts cycle counts
- Manages to delete lists
- Answers phones
- Utilizes walkies and communicates with the Operation Leader when applicable
- Maintaining SKU integrity
- Maintains Cashwrap organization and cleanliness
- Conducts email/name capture
- Accurately completes each transaction by identifying sales associate productivity without disrupting the service environment
- Creates a lasting impression by thanking the customer and giving them a reason to return
- Experience: 1- 3 years of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Technical: Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet), utilizing walkies, understanding and reading shipment reports, price sheets, and product release sheets.
- Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customers and teams. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain products for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
- Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days (including but not limited to the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of the job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people.
All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline, and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.
These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people’s problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future-oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.