House Cafe Desimone’s
|Hiring Organization||Safety Facility Services|
|Post Name||House Cafe Desimone’s|
|Qualification||High School diploma, GED or equivalent.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10018|
As a representative for our company, you will serve as a host/hostess to customers, you will be the frontline for customer service. You will serve as a host/hostess to customers and support kitchen staff by accommodating any special needs of guests.
As a part of the team, you will inspect dining room serving stations and tables for cleanliness and neatness, restock supplies, set tables, bus tables, take orders, prepare beverages and expedite orders.
- Accommodates and special needs of the guests.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness/cleanliness, and restocks food and condiment stations while avoiding contamination.
- May prepare beverages and expedite food orders.
- Monitors the number of guests entering/exiting the café.
- Stock/Re-stock utensils, plates, and glasses in the service area.
- Uses carts to transport utensils, glassware, plates, and food.
- Acts as a host/hostess for guests takes orders, and sets/re-set tables with place settings.
- Restocks food and condiment stations while avoiding contamination.
- Follows safety and sanitation procedures with all guidelines from OSHA, Department of Public Health, and Risk Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks which are illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed or assigned by this position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent culinary skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a consistent basis.
- Customer service.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to move throughout the café and kitchen.
- Ability to wipe down tabletops, and table legs, pick up debris off the floor, and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the operation.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation in the workplace.
- Ability to lead a team
Education and Work Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1+ year experience in a food service operation and or customer service role.
The work environment for Front of House includes the following large kitchen environment elements and exposures.
- Fast-paced kitchen.
- High sense of urgency.
- Moderate to high noise level.
- Exposure to soap and cleaning solutions.
- Slippery/uneven surfaces may be encountered.
- Environmental demands: Hot surfaces, food trays, hot water for heating.
- Must have and maintain an active Handlers’ Card (ServSafe) and adhere to local food handler requirements.
- Constant handling of food, carts, and cooking equipment.
- Constant use of hands while preparing food.
- Constant grasping of food and equipment.
- Lifting and carrying constantly objects that weigh less than 10 – 12 pounds.
- Frequently lifting and carrying objects between 21-30 pounds.
- Occasionally lifting objects more than 40 pounds.
- Items weighing over 40 lbs. must be carried by two people.
- Constantly reaching across surfaces, above shoulders, and outward.
- Frequently pushing and pulling loaded and unloaded carts.
- Good or correctable vision is required to safely perform all duties.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, and twisting are required to perform cooking and food prep duties. Squatting and kneeling may be required. Good balance is required to safely perform all assigned tasks. Neck flexion and usage will be constant while performing assigned tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Flagship is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.