Seasonal Laborer – Summer
|Hiring Organization||City of Sterling Heights|
|Post Name||Seasonal Laborer – Summer|
|Qualification||High School Graduate or GED equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 10 To USD 11 Per Hour|
|Location||Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States 48310|
Full Job Description
The non-unionized DPW Laborer position is a 40-hour per week position. Employees will be expected to perform non-skilled general labor tasks throughout the summer in any of the following maintenance divisions of the DPW:
Streets, Water, Sewer, Refuse, and/or Fleet Maintenance. DPW is looking for efficient, safety-minded, and enthusiastic candidates that have the ability to follow both written and verbal directions.
- Good communication skills and willingness to follow directions from senior staff to aid in the completion of non-skilled manual labor tasks.
- General clean-up of work sites using brooms, shovels, landscaping trimmers, wheelbarrows, small equipment, and other hand tools as needed.
- Operation of City vehicles to and from job sites.
- Performs various unskilled manual tasks
- Assignments last no longer than 6 months
- Requires good physical condition with the ability to perform hard physical labor
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 years of age with a valid Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Requires good physical condition with the ability to perform physical labor.
- Assignments are in six-month increments, assignment may be extended upon the supervisor’s written approval.