|Hiring Organization||Field Museum|
|Post Name||Security Officer|
|Qualification||A high school diploma or equivalent is required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 31100 To USD 39300 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60605|
The Field Museum is a not-for-profit organization located on the Museum Campus of Chicago. Since the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition, we have conducted research across all seven continents and accumulated a collection of over 40 million specimens and artifacts.
Under the direct supervision of the security shift supervisor, performs a variety of protective, service, and courtesy duties, including complex and special duties requiring above-average initiative, judgment, and specialized knowledge or skill. Provides a safe and secure environment for visitors, staff, and the Museum collections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol all assigned areas within the Museum and on Museum grounds to observe, caution, instruct, correct, investigate and report activities to maintain order and protect Museum property, visitors, and staff
- Respond to requests for assistance and evaluate appropriate courses of action
- Respond to emergency situations such as fire, evacuation, or employee/visitor injuries
- Maintain a post at the assigned Museum entrance to screen incoming persons, including staff, volunteers, and visitors
- Help ensure that Museum COVID-19 Protocols are being followed by guests, staff, and contractors
- May perform limited emergency first aid treatment
- Prepare required security and incident reports and records
- Provide customer assistance to Museum visitors
- Other duties as assigned by Protection Services management staff
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous security, military, and/or First Responder experience is a plus
- Must acquire Permanent Employment Registration Card within 6 months of hire
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, bi-lingual a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide great customer service
- Must be able to learn and follow multiple detailed instructions, policies, and procedures under the direct supervision of shift supervisor and lead officers
- Must possess the skills and experience necessary to identify security and/or safety hazards and respond according to standard procedures
- The position requires the officer to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time throughout the day
- Will be required to lift or move up to 75 pounds
- May be exposed to safety hazards, extreme climate conditions, and/or periods of extreme exertion
Important Note: In order to protect the health and safety of our employees, guests, and their families, the Field Museum is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for exemptions from the vaccine will not be considered as given the nature of this position, we are unable to provide accommodation for anyone who has not been vaccinated.
The Field Museum is an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other protected class.
We strive to create a working environment that is free of all forms of discrimination and one that promotes human dignity and mutual respect among all staff. We believe every member of our organization enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.