|Hiring Organization||Occidental Petroleum Corp|
|Post Name||Security Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77046|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Security Officer within our Corporate Services based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identify safety or security threats and respond appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain logs and prepare incident reports, when required.
- Monitor access to the building floors and private parking areas via CCTV and computerized systems.
- Safely operate company vehicles, when required.
- Perform daily patrols of the interior and exterior of the building on foot and by vehicle.
- Professionally greet and register guests and visitors.
- Maintain a professional, uniform appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of professional security or law enforcement experience
- Ability to follow instructions, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency and understanding of physical security principles, practices, and operations.
- Ability to react effectively, using sound judgment in dynamic situations.
- Valid Texas driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime, after-hours, and weekends, if necessary.
- Must have the physical strength, endurance, and flexibility to perform rigorous security duties.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving capabilities.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of electronic security systems is desirable/preferred.
Relocation will not be offered at this time. Accidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.