|Hiring Organization||Imagine Pediatrics|
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
About Imagine Pediatrics:
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate pediatrician-led medical group that is creating the world our sickest children deserve. Founded on the belief that medically complex children deserve better care than the current system allows for, we deliver personalized and comprehensive care by partnering with families to provide unparalleled support, virtually and in-home, ensuring they spend more time in their homes and less in the hospital.
We’re guided by five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
About the Role:
As a Social Worker with Imagine Pediatrics, you will work with the families of medically complex children providing emotional support, care coordination, connection to resources, and support navigating the healthcare system. You leverage an integrated technology platform and are complimented by an entire interdisciplinary team including MDs, APPs, RNs, navigators, pharmacists, and dietitians. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete psychosocial assessment and assist team with the development of the plan of care, integrating patient/family preferences and values
- Planned, coordinated, manage and implement support packages to help Imagine families deal with difficulties related to the home environment, health literacy, housing instability, food insecurity, etc.
- Advocate for resources and removal of barriers and connect families with available resources
- Participate in ongoing scheduled consultations with an interdisciplinary team to monitor patient progress
- Represent Imagine Pediatrics commendably to patients, families, providers, and the community
- Other duties as assigned
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
- Master’s degree in Social Work with at least 12 months of clinical experience.
- State licensure or certification is required if licensure or certification is available in the state where the local market is located.
- Experience with team-based care, and excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working with a pediatric population is strongly preferred, and virtual care experience is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish is strongly preferred
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We believe that creating the world our sickest children deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.