|Hiring Organization||Bank of America Financial Center|
|Post Name||Software Developer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
Are you looking to join a newly formed team!!! Our CLO Technology team is part of the newly formed Micro Trading Tech organization.
The ideal candidate will get the opportunity to work closely with our business partners to help drive forward deliverables. The ideal candidate should also possess a strong desire to utilize technology to help create automated solutions for the businesses we cover.
Finally, the candidate should also be a self-starter; having the ability to work collectively on a team as well as be an individual contributor (IC), so they can help streamline our best practices utilizing Agile methodologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on development using python and/or C++
- Participate and Lead design discussions
- Develop using Bofa strategic platforms such as Quartz, Remote Risk, and SFRC
- Follow the coding conventions and design patterns the team has in place as well as adopt new ones where necessary
- Jira/Horizon task tracking to follow Agile practices
- Participate in BAU support rotation for the applications we own.
The role also is responsible but not limited to:
- Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals.
- Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset.
- Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience in using design and architectural patterns.
- At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, and business) in the design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained. Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance). Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities. Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack. Individual contributor.
- Python, C#, C++ at least one w/ desire to learn python if they don’t possess the skill
- Knowledge, and hands-on experience with OOP and modern design patterns.
- Experience with various databases whether it be object stores or relational DBS
- Experience in Financial Services or a large corporate organization is desirable
- Excellent analytical\problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong financial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- both verbal and written
- Pro-active self-starter with the ability to operate independently
Nice to have:
- CFA / MBA / Financial Engineering Background
- Experience with CLOs or other securitized products
- Experience with Quartz, Athena, or Sec DB
Bank of America’s Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization.
- Beliefs diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to lending, investing, and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.