|Hiring Organization||TransCore Office|
|Post Name||Software Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77043|
The Application SW Engineer provides day-to-day and on-call first-line technical support for our Infinity production installations. Troubleshoots and follows through-to-resolution issues concerning the application and the database. This position will involve ensuring the systems are properly functioning, configured, and performing to specifications.
Will develop and optimize stored procedures, reports, scripts, or any necessary programs and will analyze the flow of the data throughout the system to validate it is functioning properly. The person in this position will also have assignments to develop, test and deploy software components built to specifications to comply with customer requirements, will participate in development efforts to support current processes, and help troubleshoot issues with current code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide the first line of software support for our Infinity installations during normal business and off hours.
- Provide support to current SW programs and processes, contributing to new requests for enhancements, troubleshooting existing processes, and validating system requirements.
- Develop software utilizing the .NET framework (C#, RDL.NET, ADO.NET).
- Troubleshooting and debugging .NET service-oriented (SOA) Windows applications using WCF/WPF frameworks.
- Develop and optimize SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions to support system operations and customer requirements.
- Support Production, Development, and QA Environments.
- Analyze Transaction Data Reports and reconcile data differences
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012 (SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures)
- Knowledge of Web Services, XML, Service-Oriented and system documentation Object-oriented design, and implementation Code Release Management in the .NET framework
- 3+ years of scripting experience with PowerShell or Python.
- Experience with source control tools like Dimensions, SourceSafe, TFS
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Highly motivated team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate delivery commitments.
- Excellent verbal, phone, and written communication skills.
- Experience with Silverlight, and Ajax tool kit
- Experience with SSRS and Crystal reporting