Software Development Engineer
|Hiring Organization||Amgen Inc.|
|Post Name||Software Development Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8000 To USD 11000 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 91320|
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience, and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do.
It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role, you will help deliver the world’s most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks using your full-stack engineering skills.
Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to create new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to fill a position in Amgen’s Global Infrastructure Services Group. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group that builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on working directly on inventing, developing, and extending the internally developed DevSecOps framework and cloud provisioning platform to meet Amgen’s software development needs as well as our DataOps needs for AI and ML data scientists.
Our frameworks and platforms are built using open source and AWS services. Our frameworks run custom code development, and DataOps, as well as test and deploy Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications into Amgen’s cloud environment. We are currently extending our capabilities to integrate serverless and microservices CI/CD pipelines with AWS.
- Own elements of the pipeline and add, refactor, and improve capabilities across our cloud security architecture and our continuous CI/CD pipeline
- Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with some of our scientific and client teams to build services that are scalable, performant, reliable, and secure.
- Work to improve and extend the serverless pipeline, delivering better CI/CD for new applications using a growing array of services from AWS. Be part of moving the team towards a stronger microservices architecture.
- Be an integral member of the core DevOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineer we seek is a Software Developer with these qualifications.
Master’s degree Or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience Or Associate’s degree and 6 years of related experience Or High school diploma / GED and 8 years of related experience. BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a full stack software development engineer shipping successful commercial products and/or services to customers using an SDLC process from start to finish
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, and software design patterns
- Knowledge and experience using containers (Docker)
- Willing and able to learn new technology and mentor other engineers
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops, and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed, and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.