|Hiring Organization||Viejas Casino & Resort|
|Post Name||Sports Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 4000 Per Month|
|Location||San Diego, California, United States 91901|
The Sports Coordinator assists in the development, organization, and implementation of high-quality youth/adult sports and recreational programs ensuring program delivery meets the wants, needs, and interests of participants, members, community, and volunteers.
Programs include basketball, softball, football, and more. Ideal candidates will have an understanding of and passion for sports, working with families, staff, and youth development.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming; plans activities that are intended to achieve program goals and outcomes, are culturally relevant, are developmentally appropriate, and are consistent with the Viejas Tribal values
- Performs and monitors a variety of game day operations, including but not limited to: coaching sports; game officiating; scorekeeping procedures; facility scheduling; and equipment set-up, distribution, etc. as
- Serves as a liaison in the Inter Tribal Sports organization and represents Viejas at Inter Tribal Sports Board Meetings.
- Provides instruction to participants in organized recreation/sports programs, classes, and activities.
- Develops programs that promote self-esteem, teamwork, and positive social behaviors.
- Coordinates internship openings and scheduling with the Education Department.
- Participates with other team members to establish recreation program plans and objectives.
- Ensures equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Notifies the Center Director of repairs/costs above routine expenditures
- Prepares check requests; tracks and reconciles departmental expenses.
- Acts as a point of contact between children and parents and staff and the Recreation Committee.
- Organizes and holds team meetings to ensure students and parents are up to date on all special events, promotions, programs, and activities.
- Prepares reports and works on special projects to support initiatives and directives from management.
- Partners and works with other departments to ensure efficient transactions, excellent guest service, and motivated team members.
- Ensures a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Performs miscellaneous functions and special projects as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with the tribal communities and outlying communities serving the Viejas Indian Reservation.
- Engage in behavior conducive to team building with other staff. Open communication, encouragement, support, and tolerance for each other are all essential in our department.
- Supervises participants, ensuring their safety and guidance.
- Provides immediate supervision and guidance to a Sports Assistant and intern.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Three or more years of experience working with children, preferably in the area of recreational, physical education, and related experience.
- Familiarity with Native American culture preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- General knowledge of team sports and sports terminology.
- General knowledge of recreational activities, functions, events, and programs.
- Basic computer knowledge, using Microsoft programs (Publisher, Excel, and Word).
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrate strong motivational commitment to the organization.
- Ability to deal with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-activity environment.
- Ability to multitask, self-starter, punctual, and able to adjust to change.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts, additional hours, evenings, and weekends.