Backend Engineer (Pre-IPO Startup)
|Hiring Organization||Recruiting from Scratch|
|Post Name||Backend Engineer (Pre-IPO Startup)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 120000 To USD 180000 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60018|
About Our Client
We are the global leader in e-commerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale.
Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands’ End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using our solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December Series E raise of USD$325M, we’re is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 19 countries across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and vibrant company culture, we have been listed in ‘Great Places to Work in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers and Enjoy the Ride.
These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture?
Our engineering team builds best-in-class e-commerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers.
Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology.
We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve code that solves real-world problems
- Manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Operate with autonomy in solving problem
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver new products
- Create fast, scalable, and easy-to-use applications
- Build libraries and frameworks that others can use
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating distributed systems
- Experience in any of the following: web application development, distributed systems, cloud platforms such AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent communication skills in English – you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- We encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running, and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools
- Force for Good.
- We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all employees as well as anyone else who will be onsite at the NYC office – clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers – to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town.
- Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture – we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community.
- We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career.
- Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break.
- When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy.
- Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder.
- All employees have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world!
- Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another office. We have cool offices in great cities – New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- Get the best of both worlds with a hybrid workplace.
- We currently work 3 days a week in the office, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds (please note: this is subject to change based on the needs of the business and some support roles still require a full-time presence). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We believe in equality.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles – irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary range: $120,000 – $180,000 / year
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.