|Hiring Organization||State Farm|
|Post Name||Data Analyst|
|Qualification||Recent programming and SQL coding experience and/or four-year degree in Computer Science or related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75205|
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team! As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Hybrid – which means selected candidates will be assigned to a facility and will spend some time working both in the office and from their home. The in-office expectation is currently 1 day per week. This may be reevaluated as business needs dictate.
There is an 18-month incumbency period (beginning on the employee’s effective date) for any lateral job movements and a 12-month incumbency period for any promotional opportunities.
Which must be met before the employee may post for other State Farm positions. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, or contractual rights.
The Life/Health Data team is developing innovative data products using emerging AWS technologies and capabilities. We need your help modernizing and transforming our data processes to Cloud-based technology, investigating new and innovative services, and building creative data solutions.
Working in the Life/Health business department on the Data Team, you’ll play an integral role in working directly with business and technical partners to make decisions and drive the pace.
The primary function of the Life/Health Data Team is to develop data expertise and provide meaningful insight to facilitate data-driven decisions by our stakeholders. This promotes gaining a competitive advantage through evidence-based research, data analytics, and predictive modeling.
As a member of the Life/Health Data Team, you will be challenged and empowered to grow and learn. We are dedicated to the development of each team member to reach their full potential. We appreciate your interest in this role.
In this role, day-to-day activities will vary based on the needs of your customers and our transformational efforts. Broadly, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain life insurance data assets needed to fulfill requests from stakeholders
- Develop, enhance, and own ETL processes for Life/Health data
- Migrate (develop) ETL processes to (in) AWS
- Maintain legacy ETL functions, primarily in SAS, until they migrate to AWS
- Write ad-hoc queries and perform reporting/analytics supporting business partners
- Consult, support, and work directly with business partners upstream (e.g., Enterprise Technology) and downstream (e.g., L/H Actuarial, Advanced Analytics, Research, General Underwriting, or Business Intelligence)
- Collaborate with State Farm associates in various roles to document, develop and deliver data products needed by stakeholders
- Recent programming and SQL coding experience and/or four-year degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in SQL, Python, or similar languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Source management knowledge, Git/GitLab preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with data sources in a variety of formats
- Advanced data skills – AWS or similar tools and platforms
- Experience working in an AWS environment and using AWS-enabled tools (Glue, Athena, Sagemaker, Quicksight, Pyspark)
- Track record of improving/innovating business processes
- Knowledge of State Farm/insurance data sources and processes
- Ability to create clear technical documentation and knowledge-based solutions
- Experience with SAS and/or Enterprise Guide
Applicants for this position are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; the employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.