DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation and safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional.
We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP’s success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions.
Responsible for the high-level administrative & organizational tasks associated with DCP Engineering projects. Day-to-day maintains progress and status in project tracking systems, constructs detailed work plans, and communicates the results across an audience of key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Coordinates the communication/updates between customers, other team members, accounting, and field operations personnel to define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Supports project managers by maintaining project progress and status in tracking systems
- Develops cost estimates and design parameters for product replacement, growth, and sustaining capital projects.
- Develops project economic modeling and performs economic/profitability analyses.
- Supports Project Managers by making contact with field operations personnel to determine construction schedule, initiates contact, and coordinates with Materials personnel to verify materials availability (e.g. pipe, meters).
- Monitors and reports on progress toward team goals, project schedules, and new information
- Monitors current projects and coordinates all team members to keep workflow on track
- Prepares project planning and scheduling status reports and recommends remedial actions.
- Responsible for status reporting, and day-to-day operations of project-related activities ensure the stability of project-oriented efforts and coordinates communication related to project status, progress, deliverables, and impacts for key stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Responsible for project correspondences such as drafting project proposals, writing memos, completing meeting minutes, and sending emails
- Prepares and assists with project proposals and presentations to the project requestor and to senior management.
- Exercises initiative and demonstrates knowledge of company policies, practices, and the organization in interactions with internal and external customers
- Coordinates and balances multiple tasks ensuring on-time and accurate assignment completion
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customers and successfully works as a team player
- Organizes and prioritizes multiple assignments from a variety of sources, internal and external
- Helps the department adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and making recommendations for cost-saving measuresCompletes special projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Can start with no related experience, employees typically have 0-4 years; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Ability to be multi-dimensional, completing special projects when requested by others
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other databases and systems; designs and builds PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Developing leadership skills and the ability to influence at a local level
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. The noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings, or access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
Occasional travel will be required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or another legally protected status.