|Post Name||Press Secretary|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, public administration, political science, or other relevant fields of study|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 50000 To USD 55000 Per Year|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
- The most qualified candidates will have:
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish is a plus
- At least two years of demonstrated experience working on a communications team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, public administration, political science, or other relevant fields of study
- Experience with press outreach and messaging in a political environment
- Fluency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, comfort with Tik Tok
New York State Senator seeks a Press Secretary with a strong desire to work alongside a fierce advocate for working families, the labor movement, and advocates fighting for racial and economic justice.
This versatile writer and editor will have a strong knowledge of both the immigrant and non-immigrant communities in the Queens area as well as the local media. Spanish bilinguals are strongly encouraged to apply. Under the direction of the Senior Staff.
The Press Secretary will perform a variety of communication and media duties including researching issues, developing recommendations and presenting them to the Senator and other staff, and facilitating communication and outreach with key in-district organizations and leaders.
Additionally, the Press Secretary will draft press releases, talking points for internal and external engagements, op-eds, social media posts, and other written materials to share the Senator’s message to the community.
- This dynamic role will also include the following responsibilities:
- Producing content for social media
- Briefing and staffing the Senator
- Identifying press and speaking engagements
- Collaborating with policy and community relations staff
- Cultivating positive constituent stories
- Collaborating with the Communications Director to build a strategic messaging and communications strategy
Candidates from BIPOC, LGBT+, working class, and/or other underrepresented communities, including candidates with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter that speaks to their motivation to work in public service, a resume, and two brief writing samples. This is not a Civil Service position and this recruitment will remain open until filled.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
The New York State Senate is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not permit discrimination based on race, age, creed, color, religion, gender/sex, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or national origin. Predisposing genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, domestic violence victim status, arrest/criminal conviction record, pregnancy, and related conditions, gender identity or expression, sexual harassment, immigration status, or hair texture or protective hairstyles.