|Hiring Organization||The Emery/Weiner School|
|Post Name||SUBSTITUTE TEACHER|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77025|
The Emery/Weiner School offers instruction in many subjects, including Math, Science, Technology, Performing & Visual Arts, Judaic Studies, Language Arts, Social Science, and World Languages; including Spanish and Hebrew language instruction and seeks Substitute Teachers in each discipline. Substitute Teacher hours vary but will generally be between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The Emery/Weiner School is an independent, college-preparatory middle and high school that offers top-ranked academics educates the whole child, and inculcates a unique student culture in an environment infused with pluralistic Judaism. Students carry with them the spirit of Tikkun Olam as they pursue education not only for their own benefit but also to help improve the world in which they live.
Key duties included:
- Promotion of student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher
- Deliver daily lesson plans
- Maintain a safe and orderly learning environment
- Collect and/or assign student assignments
- Maintain established routine of the school and classroom procedures
- Monitor students during non-instructional time, including lunchtime
- Other teaching duties as requested
- Create lesson plans, grade classwork, homework, and tests, and attend parent-teacher conferences (only for long-term assignments).
Qualified candidates should possess the following education & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience with children ages 10 to 18 is strongly preferred, particularly in a classroom setting