General Summer Associate
|Hiring Organization||Berkeley Research Group|
|Post Name||General Summer Associate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
The Summer Associate role is a temporary position as a member of our consulting staff. This position will include eight weeks of working as an entry-level staff member. The position requires a highly motivated problem solver with analytical ability.
The work of a Summer Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects can range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis. This position is located in multiple offices across the United States.
A summer associate has the opportunity to work in one of our various industries across BRG including Corporate Finance, Healthcare Performance Improvement, Healthcare Analytics Practice, Economics and Damages, and Government Contracts.
- Demonstrate creativity and learn to efficiently use relevant software tools, analytical methods, and computer models to develop solutions
- Gain experience developing and maintaining electronic databases, spreadsheets, and other files as dictated by project needs
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases)
- Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality
- Organize case documents; create and maintain hard copy and electronic libraries for documents and retrieve documents from libraries as necessary
- Participate in a positive team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Progression toward a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the areas of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other practice-related subjects
- Summer Associate positions are typically reserved for students who have one year remaining in their academic program
- Proven capability with MS Excel and statistical analysis programs (e.g. SAS, SQL, SPSS, Stata, R) is preferred. A desire to expand those capabilities is required
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and strategy and operations. Headquartered in California with offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines.
BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. BRG strives to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive, not an initiative. We celebrate and value the diversity of our professionals and are dedicated to maintaining a truly inclusive work environment where all individuals feel respected and valued. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what’s next.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.