Financial Services Consulting Intern
|Hiring Organization||RSM US LLP|
|Post Name||Financial Services Consulting Intern|
|Qualification||Pursuing at least a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 31 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90071|
As a Risk Consulting Financial Services Intern at RSM, you will work across the five sectors within our Financial Services practice that include Financial Institutions, Capital Markets, Insurance, Specialty Finance (including Fintech), and Asset Management with exposure to various financial services topics, concepts and transactions including ESG.
Digital Assets and Blockchain, regulatory matters, credit, and interest rate risk through hands-on client experience. You will work directly with client personnel at various management levels. At the start of your internship, you’ll be assigned a “Navigator”, focused on our Financial Services industry team, who will aid in your development throughout the internship experience.
RSM’s Risk Consulting Financial Services Industry Group provides value-added risk assessment services to financial service companies and you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of financial services transactions, products, and services.
Examples of projects include internal audits (including SOX), regulatory compliance remediation and advisory, credit review, and financial reporting control projects intended to provide our clients with timely information on business operations and methods to mitigate potential risks.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Sit in on client meetings and support in process engagements
- Preparing reports on consulting services performed for clients; delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Traveling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
- Completing client projects efficiently in accordance with the project timeline and critical dates
- Leveraging proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to analyze client information and document results and recommendations
- Opportunity to attend specific conferences, training, & meetings to continue professional development relevant to the role
Internship & Program Requirements
- Pursuing at least a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data & Analytics, Computer Science or Business Administration
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
include job description here
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based on role, hiring location, and qualifications.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents, and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers, and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.