Regional Supply Chain Manager
|Hiring Organization||LOEWE Greene st|
|Post Name||Regional Supply Chain Manager|
|Qualification||University-level degree, usually in Business or similar, required – with MBA preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10012|
Reporting to Loewe´s Regional Managing Director, the purpose of this role is to fulfill market service requirements in the Region, and to ensure product delivery excellence across channels and product categories whilst maximizing inventory and operational efficiencies.
Market Supply Chain Planning Strategy
- Define and continuously fine-tune Supply Chain Service Strategy within the Region. Review Service Models and align to future business plans by creating x-functionally and in conjunction with the Global SC Team, the right capability to support regional target service levels.
- Focus on increasing responsiveness and agility to deliver the product on time.
- Measure Market Supply Chain performance and develop roadmaps to improve key metrics for Product Delivery/Return in full on time and Inventory levels working in collaboration with the Regional Supply Chain teams.
- Develop an Omnichannel Market service Strategy.
Processes owned by Supply Chain in the Region:
- Seasonal Product delivery to Regional DCs, stores, and wholesale customers on time for the launch date
- The permanent collection on time replenishment to stores optimizing inventory levels in the Region
- Distribution and Replenishment Order Management. This includes order entry in alignment with process rules, order management, maintenance, and delivery.
- Inventory allocation to Distribution Orders. This is the right prioritization of stock assignment to distribution orders based on store/customer strategic relevance rules.
- Create short and medium-term (1 to 6 months) DC shipping plans and work with DC Operations management to ensure that Loewe´s Central and Regional DCs are operationally prepared to meet business requirements (both volumes and service levels) at the best cost, across both peak and low periods
- Deliver an efficient and consistent Order Fulfillment service and governance through the management of allocation, delivery note creation, order book cleanse, stock movements, and transfers in accordance with agreed business rules and schedules
- Product availability in the stores. Define targets by product type, category, and cluster. Measure performance and continuously improve product availability in order to maximize conversion rate.
- Regional Slim4 System Administration and parametrization to support product availability and inventory targets.
- S&OP and Inventory Planning processes in Regions. Inventory management and optimization from the moment that product reaches the Region
- Product Returns. This is the management of all reverse logistics orders until their reception in the destination inventory node.
- Customer Service. Design and deploy an organization to be the store’s and wholesale customers’ first line of contact regarding all product delivery and return inquiries.
- Customer Master Data: Data entry and management for all Stores and customers regarding Supply Chain Services.
- Design and execute operational processes for all our Marketing initiatives (VM, CRM, PR …) that required finished product or Marketing materials order fulfillment.
- Regional Logistics Performance and cost management in partnership with LVMH Fashion Group
- Promotes a high-performing, inclusive culture by setting clear expectations and individual performance objectives
- Takes ownership of Talent Management processes to grow, develop and retain talent
Cross-functional Stakeholders. As Regional Functional Leader, the position will be a member of the Regional Leadership Team and will have to partner with a number of functions and teams to achieve success:
- Regional Managing Director
- Regional and Global Merchandising
- Regional Finance
- Global Logistics
- Regional LVMH Fashion Group
- Global SC and Logistics
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the company
- Must be able to build collaborative relationships across key stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain and flow of goods from sourcing to customer
- Influencing skills, collaboration, confidence, and creative spirit
- Ability to challenge the way in which things are done
- Motivating and leading a remote complex team
- Analytical and process thinking
- Good planning and organization skills
- Resilience to work under pressure
Requisite Education And Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English (written and oral)
- University-level degree, usually in Business or similar, required – with MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions
- Background in the Fashion and Luxury sector is a hard requirement
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance, supply/demand forecasting & distribution execution for a broad product range across multiple channels
- Certifications such as those in Six Sigma, Operations, or Inventory Management are a plus
At our Maison, we offer a generous benefits package including medical insurance, bonus structure, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k, automatic employee contribution, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform crucial job functions.