Supply Chain Manager
|Hiring Organization||Indorama Ventures|
|Post Name||Supply Chain Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77058|
Indorama Integrated Oxides & Derivatives is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team in The Woodlands, TX. The Supply chain Manager will be responsible for developing integrated business and supply chain planning solutions that synchronize customer demand, production assets, and working capital to drive and deliver improvements in customer service levels, supply chain efficiency, and financial results.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for Downstream Performance Solutions and Performance Surfactant product lines manufactured at 5 plants within the Americas region.
What will be expected from you?
- Collaborate with the Global Demand Manager, Product Management, and Marketing to capture demand within IBP Timeline.
- Evaluate actual demand versus forecast and capacity to determine if order commitment and/or sales allocation plans are warranted; propose and provide oversight of plans as needed.
- Develop strong partnerships and alignment with cross-functional organizations including representatives in the business organizations, manufacturing, finance, logistics, and supply chain execution.
- Participate in evaluating new customer opportunities. Obtain agreed-upon Customer Service Levels.
- Execute risk assessments and address the risks, to ensure the delivery performance required, based on the customer segmentation.
- Manage Supply/Demand/Inventory for a 24-month time horizon for a mix of commodity and specialty products for Downstream derivatives. The product mix includes major growth platforms for the Coatings & Inks business.
- Organize and chair monthly S&OP Meetings.
- Lead a cross-functional Supply Planning monthly routine and recommend decisions that need to be taken to balance our supply and demand to maximize business results.
- Prepare and present supply options and recommendations based on well-documented scenarios that enable overall business objectives.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and oversight for short-term S&OP operations.
- Set global inventory targets and manage inventories to those targets.
- Interface with supply chain managers in other regions for global supply balance.
- Develop inventory strategies that support working capital and cash objectives while enabling business continuity for our customers.
- Understanding of global logistics with experience in Exports/Imports.
- Implement and maintain continuous improvement projects using Six Sigma, Lean, and supply chain best practices for processes both within and outside of the supply chain function.
- Provide input for planning support functions such as lab, QA, EM, and other functions.
- Implement and maintain advanced planning solutions to provide integrated plans for all significant activities functionally required for order fulfillment.
- Implement and maintain KPIs for the performance of the department and supply chain function.
- Develop and implement the optimum distribution strategy to improve cost and deliver service.
Process & Systems:
- Implement and maintain planning processes adequate to address the different needs of manufacturing, finance, and customer service.
- Implement and maintain systems to monitor and update planning and scheduling master data to assure it is accurate and up to date for planning purposes.
- Implement and maintain systems to monitor schedule adherence to plan capacity blocks and to improve schedule adherence.
- Highly proficient in MS Office & SAP with the ability to train and develop staff in current and new technology.
- Experience in leading teams of 10-15
- Provides both tactical and strategic oversight for the development, evaluation, implementation, administration, and coordination of all supply chain functions.
- Implement training requirements necessary to bring the Downstream SC organization to a professional level that is adequate to meet customer needs.
- Strong leadership, management, motivational, planning, organizational, and administrative skills, as well as solid experience developing people.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain, preferred.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) from APICS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes, preferably with 7+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing, planning, scheduling, and/or inventory management.
- In-depth understanding of transportation and warehousing processes.
- Chemical Industry experience (preferred).
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and software tools to enable the adoption of digital capabilities for inventory and network optimization.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with SAP (Understanding of advanced planning solutions like APO or OM Partners).
What can we offer you?
Indorama Ventures Oxides & Derivatives is a leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producer with a diverse range of products in growth markets such as home & personal care, agrochemicals, oilfield technologies, fuel & lube additives, and more.
The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision, and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!