Special Education Teacher
|Post Name||Special Education Teacher|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 5000 Per Month|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60622|
Under the direction of the Principal, the Teacher works with a group of students, employing specific training skills to conduct special educational activities.
Developing Individual Education Programs
- Develops and implements a curriculum to meet the physical, emotional, and creative needs of students in an environment where they feel safe, valued, and respected.
- Plans specific educational and developmental activities and a schedule of activities within the program outline – appropriate to the age level of the assigned students.
- Diagnose educational needs using the Kaufman method.
- Develops IEP based on the student’s unique situation
- Develops IEP that identifies both short and long-term learning and behavioral goals.
- Creates classroom lesson plans in accordance with students’ IEPs.
- Uses educational/therapeutic materials and methods, and plans for their appropriate use to promote the social, intellectual, emotional, and physical growth of the assigned students.
- Establishes learning objectives and uses pre-planning and classroom teaching to accomplish those objectives.
- Involves all students by utilizing a variety of educational methods to meet student’s individual learning styles.
- Explains directions and models desired student performance.
- Monitors student progress and adjusts instruction based on that progress.
- Establishes closure by summarizing the content and fitting into context what has been taught.
- Selects, maintains, and inventories educational supplies, and controls utilization of equipment and materials.
Promotes Orderly Behavior
- Promotes orderly behavior throughout the school and clearly defines expected student behavior by encouraging positive behavior and controlling negative behavior.
- Uses appropriate therapeutic methods to promote the social and emotional growth of the students.
- Remains calm at all times and uses appropriate language with students and coworkers.
- Maintains orderly behavior during class, class transitions, and meal breaks.
- Is able to contain children using Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
- Utilizes Crisis Intervention staff appropriately
Building Relationships and Networks
- Maintains relations with casework/social work staff and supports and encourages students to achieve a strengthening of the total agency relationship.
- Establishes rapport with students and parents.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with coworkers and all agency personnel.
- Actively listens to others and their points of view.
- Maintains regular contact with parents by making a minimum of one phone call per month to each parent.
- Keeps parents regularly informed about their child’s progress and areas for improvement.
- Builds to strengthen the relationship between the school and parents.
- Prepares a documented lesson plan and emergency lesson plan for each school day.
- Keeps appropriate individual records, attendance records, and student assessments as designated.
- Produces an IEP annual report for each student in a timely manner and in a format consistent with school requirements.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date parent log in a format consistent with school requirements.
- Completes student report cards in a timely manner and in a format consistent with school requirements.
- Observes the functioning of students and keeps appropriate individual records, attendance records, and student assessments as designated; prepares, distributes, and grades examinations.
- Attends and participates in outside staffing to meet the educational needs of the students.
- Completes required paperwork for all staffing.
- Arrives at staffing prepared and on time.
- Works cooperatively with the other members of the educational team.
- Stays focused and on the task in order to complete goals.
- Type 10 (ED/BD), LBS1 Unlimited or LBS1 Limited Certification
- Experience in and ability to teach all subject matter in a self-contained environment