|Hiring Organization||Apogee STEM Discovery Learning Academy|
|Post Name||Preschool Teacher|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77045|
Under the direct supervision of the Apogee STEM Discovery Learning Academy Director, the Caregiver shall be responsible for planning, scheduling, and implementing age-appropriate activities and curriculum to stimulate and educate children. This would include the development of physical, emotional, intellectual, and social skills.
- Work with an assigned group of preschool students applying best practices.
- Facilitate and nurture the development of each child’s self-esteem, trust, and growing autonomy.
- Respond quickly to children’s different and personal needs (verbal and non-verbal cues), temperament styles, abilities, and cultures.
- Document daily individual needs, strengths, interests, service plans, attendance, and meal counts for each child.
- Plan and implement lesson plan activities and experiences that are developmentally appropriate.
- Prepare and provide materials that are concrete and relevant to the children’s interests and culture.
- Prepare the preschool learning environment for children to learn through active exploration and interaction with adult caregivers.
- Administer and accurately document initial and ongoing development using screening and assessment tools at established intervals.
- Review and carry out health plans for special diets, allergies, medication administration, etc.
- Partner with parents to develop educational and family goals and update regularly.
- Assist with the transition into the program and exit out of the program.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conferencing sessions, staff meetings, parent meetings, parent-caregiver conferences, and other meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of previous childcare experience is preferred.
- Experience with preschool students in a group setting and/or training.
- Moderate level of written and oral communication.
- Moderate level of interpersonal skills. Moderate level of behavior management skills.
- Professional personal presentation.
- An acceptable background check, including fingerprinting and drug screening.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Caring and compassionate attitude
Nice To Haves
CDA, Early Childhood Education Certification, Associate or Bachelor’s degree