|Hiring Organization||Barnes & Noble College|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90032|
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education.
Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community.
Barnes & Noble College is seeking dynamic, friendly, and customer-focused team members to work as Temporary Booksellers for a period of 90 days or less in our Cafe. In the Cafe, you will use your customer service skills to greet customers and increase loyalty while preparing drinks and food in a fast-paced environment. Food handling or safety certification may be required in some locations.
The Cafe is a high energy, fast-paced department where your customer service, food handling, listening, problem-solving, and teamwork skills will be exercised.
- Greet customers, determine their needs, answer questions, and describe upcoming and current services and products.
- Prepare and serve a variety of hot and cold food and drinks following prescribed recipes and techniques.
- Set up or restock displays, wrap, label, date, and rotate food items for sale.
- Operate equipment; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintain supplies, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following cleaning, sanitation, and operational standards. Food handling or safety certification may be required in some locations.
- Replenish customer service stations, order/receive supplies or products, and take out the trash.
- Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state, and local requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or required.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- Previous food handling experience preferred.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.