Key Account Manager
|Post Name||Key Account Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 28 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
What’s the role –
This role will focus primarily on supporting and hunting key customers in the Power and Wind sectors – selling lubricants, coolants, greases, and services to customers in the USA & CA with a heavy focus on the customer and prospect base in key growth areas.
Additionally, this role will –
- Develop and manage long-term, customer relationships at all levels in the organization, including technical, engineering, procurement, field operations, and senior management, with key Power and Wind OEM customers, Utilities, Asset Owners, and independent Service Providers.
- Develop and deliver Shell’s CVP to key customers to drive top-line growth.
- Coordinate and lead Shell’s execution with internal and key external stakeholders to form strategic partnerships and build strong customer relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Global Key Accounts, Global and local Marketing, Supply Chain, and other internal functional groups to strategically grow the OEM Power sector, with a specific focus on Wind.
- The KAM role will be heavily focused on hunting new business while growing existing business (including cross-sell/up-sell) in the sectors and this must be a proven strength.
- The KAM is accountable for delivering the top-line volume and margin targets for their assigned Key Accounts along with new growth annually.
- Develop, update and implement the Account Plan covering Products, Services, Contracts, Prices, Credit Terms, Credit Limits, and Debt for customers and prospects.
- Work with the Global Key Account Manager, Sales Team Leaders, Marketing team, Sales Operations, and Technical team to execute account plan and strategy.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with top customers to demonstrate & extract value for Shell.
- Actively prospect for new lubricants business, demonstrating sales leadership around the Sales 1st disciplines to include the use of Salesforce as the platform for managing a strong opportunity pipeline and ongoing sales calls and account management.
- Sales Productivity performance indicators include Key Account Plans (updated annually), call reporting, pipeline management, target delivered, quality offers made, first face-to-face meetings, hit rate, and cycle time.
- Planned, monitored, and achieve individual sales targets and contribute to overall team performance.
- Financial performance indicators include volume, margin, premium margin, and past dues, consistent with the Sales KPI bonus structure.
- Provide regular demand updates to ensure accurate forecasts are in place for both existing and new businesses.
- Work closely with Technical and Marketing teams to identify both Cross Sell and Up Sell opportunities.
- Stay informed of Wind Sector trends and news, sharing intel with marketing and commercial colleagues.
- Engage and represent Shell with regional Wind associations.
- Represent Shell at Wind sector trade shows and conferences.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues affecting Shell staff and customers.
- Accountable for driving own individual development to continuously improve competencies.
This role is on a remote working setup within any state in the contiguous US with easy access to travel to the customer base, and the ability to travel 50% to 75% as needed.
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- At least 3 years of sales experience dealing with complex, multi-site corporate accounts
- Proven track record of delivery in a B2B/B2C sales environment at key account level or marketing
- Current experience and strong relationships with Power, and more specifically Wind, companies
- Commercial instinct and strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience in and ability to build and manage high-level relationships within large global, complex accounts.
- Solid working knowledge of technical applications, cvps, and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to manage interfaces and relationships within a B2B environment both internally and externally
- Experience negotiating complex contracts and supply agreements
- Demonstrates account leadership and the ability to achieve results through others
- Good working knowledge of the customer’s operation and financials.
- Self-starter and problem solver
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in the exploration, production, refining, and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments, and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combining our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.