Assistant Manager, Tradeshows
|Post Name||Assistant Manager, Tradeshows|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 75000 To USD 80000 Per Year|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10158|
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence, and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content, and actionable data solutions.
As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days a year.
Aviation Week has been hailed as the top source for aerospace and defense news and intelligence for more than 100 years. The Aviation Week Network sustains that leadership with a global editorial team that has the access to the right sources and the ability to “connect the dots.”
The network includes the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, the Aviation Week Intelligence Network, and numerous industry brands such as Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, Aviation Daily, Air Transport World, Business & Commercial Aviation, Inside MRO, and more.
Our product and service portfolio includes global conferences and events, editorial products delivered digitally and in printed magazines, data analytics, forecasting, marketing services, and information technology.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an engaging Assistant Manager, Tradeshows to elevate our products and services within our portfolio at industry and internal events and conferences within the aviation, aerospace, and defense industries.
In this role, you will be responsible for Aviation Week Network’s tradeshow presence at industry shows, which can include booth space, paid/bartered sponsorship opportunities, and distribution of publications/products. You will also help facilitate onsite logistics, liaise with vendors and colleagues, and oversee the tradeshow operations with the Sr. Manager.
Travel will be required. To ensure success as an Assistant Manager, Tradeshows, you should be detail-oriented, possess excellent project management skills, be able to handle multiple projects at the same time, and have good marketing and communications experience.
Role Purpose and Primary Goals:
The candidate will be responsible for handling Aviation Week Network’s event presence including the coordination and execution of onsite logistics as an exhibitor at a variety of events from industry tradeshows and conferences to internal events across the globe.
They will have the opportunity to partner directly with senior event specialists, key stakeholders, and executives across business lines and regions, understanding their unique needs and executing both hosted events and third-party tradeshows.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Develop an understanding of the markets we serve and deliver events in line with these communities
- Manage overall expenses and revenue for events with Sr. Manager including negotiating with potential suppliers and paying applicable vendors
- The leading point of contact at selected events, from industry to internal events
- Manage agreements with booth logistics and oversee additional activities on sites such as receptions and briefings
- Manage relationships with industry show organizers and vendors to assist in facilitating the efficient, effective achievement of product and client objectives within barter/or contractual agreements
- Communicate contracts (barter) obligations and inclusions as appropriate to internal teams
- Manage barter deliverables and be the lead contact for overall questions and clarification
- Define the strategy and event requirements, including booth presence with the marketing team and organizers
- Helps conceptualize ideas for events, schedule company’s participation, coordinate pre-show and onsite logistics (packing & shipping, booth set up & tear down), travel & lodging, manage budgets, and liaison with 3rd party vendors to ensure smooth and professional trade show operational experience.
- Coordinate onsite logistics related to printing and signage: order, delivery, setup, reuse.
- Organizes and maintains the physical booth properties for marketing and event teams, including style guides, and logistic strategies.
- Maintain trade show and event checklists and work with all departments to meet deadlines from pre-production to post-production.
- Communicate with all departments and stakeholders about changes to timeline and scope. Remove communication barriers and connect the dots to keep the projects moving.
- Works efficiently with stakeholders and marketing partners to support and execute marketing strategies within the industry and internal events and conferences.
- Managing the booking and registration of vendors, sponsors, and guests.
- Be willing and physically able to unpack or pack up boxes/signs/event materials pre-event or onsite at events as well as organize and maintain tradeshow collateral/inventory/storage
- Integrate green/sustainable practices into the work environment and events.
- Assist in promoting all Aviation Week Network’s products (in-print, in-person, & online) and providing these leads to appropriate divisions.
- Work within the vision and core values of Informa.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team:
- The ideal candidate is a versatile, collaborative communicator who is eager to learn, possesses grace under pressure, delivers high-quality work, and drives projects forward.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of event marketing, vendor management, event technology, and both virtual and on-site event facilitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of tradeshow, marketing, and/or project management experience
- Able to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, including group troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive Compensation Package – 75k to 80k
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply.
You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.