|Hiring Organization||Madison Square Garden|
|Post Name||Tour Guide|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 22 To USD 27 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
Who are we hiring?
A Tour Guide is often the first, and possibly only, contact that visitors from around the world will have with our building. The time spent with a Tour Guide will create a positive impression of our building, our teams, our operation, and the overall “Garden Experience.”
S/he will conduct a 60-minute behind-the-scenes walking tour of the building with the goal of giving guests a world-class experience. This position is also responsible for the general order and safety of the visitors along the predetermined route as well as greeting and checking in guests at the beginning of each tour.
What will you do?
Specific Functions/Activities SUMMARY:
- Conduct daily public tours of Madison Square Garden
- Memorize a 20-25 page script and present it in a clear, concise, informative, and entertaining manner
- Memorize multiple tour routes and become familiar with all front of hours and back of house areas of the arena
- Must conduct tours in an orderly and safe fashion per already established guidelines.
- Assist fellow Tour Guides with large groups from time to time.
- Secure, return, and observe proper use of equipment such as radios, keys, uniforms, locker room, props, and technology during tours.
- Ability to interact and work cordially alongside other departments.
- Must keep abreast of all company and team news, as well as coming events.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must conduct a minimum of 3-4 hours per day
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in a tour-related or entertainment industry desired.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are required with a focus on customer service.
- The recommended background would include but is not limited to, experience in the theater, performing arts, communications, or previous employment as a Tour Guide.
- Must possess excellent memorization and time management skills with the ability to articulate and inject energy and enthusiasm into the presentation.
- Ability to adapt to requests and changes to the tour script, route, and assignment on short notice.
- Good organizational skills to check in groups and collect tickets as necessary.
- Must be available 4 days a week including weekends and holidays as needed.
- General physical requirements such as lifting 25 lbs., standing for long periods, walking long distances, bending, and constant motion are often required.
The Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.
We focus on Career Development and Invest in YOU
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees’ talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top priorities here
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual
And reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.