|Hiring Organization||United Airlines|
|Post Name||Senior Developer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77032|
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another.
It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live, and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled.
From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world? We believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do.
United’s Digital Technology team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation. Our team designs develop and maintain massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
Crew Technology team provides web and mobile digital solutions to the largest frontline employee group at United. United Pilots and Flight Attendants rely on these solutions for safer operations of our flights to manage their quality of life and to provide premier customer service to millions of travelers.
With innovation at the forefront, this team consistently delivers industry-leading solutions. We invite you to be part of our major expansion, transformation, and modernization journey and help us build cutting-edge digital solutions leveraging the newest technologies and cloud architecture.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Developer plays a critical role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer’s role is to lead the efforts to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to increase the benefit of IT and Business investments.
The Senior Developer is highly experienced and has decision-making authority. The Senior Developer is self-sufficient, requires no direct supervision, and mentors/coaches others. The Senior Developer has extensive knowledge/experience across multiple technologies and business areas.
- Leads the design, development, and planning for solutions and technology standards to solve sophisticated business problems
- Hands-on development, Support, and troubleshooting software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Ensures that systems are properly integrated
- Works with business, support, or development teams recommending system enhancements
- Consults across multiple United Information Technology projects and technology areas to perform troubleshooting, problem management, root-cause analysis, and solution implementation
- Serves as a resource for technology/project development review and technical assessments
- Ensures that the technical solutions meet the customers’ business goals
- Provide consultation and technical leadership in project life cycle planning
- Ensures consistency and coherence to the enterprise standards and guiding principles throughout the application lifecycle
- Finds opportunities to leverage/influence the direction of existing infrastructure and application components
- Stays on top of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction
- Provides feedback to the enterprise technology owners and Architects regarding future solution needs
- Understands and apply the enterprise vision and strategy to the project solution while balancing tactical needs to deliver
- Partner with various business and IT stakeholders in defining domain architecture strategy
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of application architecture and architecture constructs as it connects to the enterprise architecture
- Demonstrate mastery of the application of development domain areas and multiple technologies and toolsets
United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s in computer science/Information Technology or related field
- Extensive experience in .NET technologies
- Extensive experience in server-side and API development in C#
- Experience in design patterns and enterprise standards in application design
- Experience in relational database design and development
- “Big Picture” Thinker
- Effective Communication (verbal + written) skills
- Understands Technology systems & applications skills
- Outstanding at coding and on-time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Outstanding at component and unit testing by following standard practices and methodologies
- Outstanding utilizing the technologies and proven experience with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
- Outstanding at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Outstanding at triage or analysis of situations for production support
- Excel with on-time delivery with minimal direction
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Effective participant in requirements gathering requirements analysis
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- .Net Core experience
- AWS experience and/or Certification
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with Mobile Technologies
- Familiarity with code repositories like TFS, GitHub
- Experience working with critical systems requiring high availability and reliability
- Airline/Aviation experience
United Airlines is an equal-opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions.