|Hiring Organization||United Airlines|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 35 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live, and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Get your hard hat ready. We’re not just renovating the travel experience – we’re renovating our physical spaces too. And our Corporate Real Estate team is on the front lines of procuring, designing, and developing spaces at all our hubs, stations, and city locations across the world. From airport affairs and business services to planning and development, this team is responsible for all our leases and major construction and renovation projects, system-wide.
Get your hard hat ready. We’re not just renovating the travel experience – we’re renovating our physical spaces too. And our Corporate Real Estate team is on the front lines of procuring, designing, and developing spaces at all our hubs, stations, and city locations across the world.
From airport affairs and business services to planning and development, this team is responsible for all our leases and major construction and renovation projects, system-wide. We prefer candidates to be based out of Chicago but are open to Houston, Denver, Newark, and Denver locations as well.
The Manager – Baggage Handling Systems (BHS), is a technical role that provides data analysis of baggage system capacity and demand that supports decision-making related to BHS projects.
Working with OEM vendors and BHS designers the BHS manager develops solutions based on the analysis completed ensuring that the solutions meet the demand requirements and United’s BHS Standards. The BHS Manager also provides technical support related to BHS projects to the project managers in Planning and Development for BHS-related projects and initiatives in its seven hubs as well as technical recommendations for airport-sponsored projects in our line stations.
Data Analysis and BHS Planning:
- Provide the team with an analysis of BHS capacity and demand when operational changes are made.
- Validate baggage screening capacity and demand when operational changes are made.
Assist internal customers with developing capital plans related to BHS spending.
Planning and Development Technical Support:
- Work with PMs on project development and formulation of scope for BHS-related projects.
- Provide onsite project technical support for BHS-related projects when requested by the project manager.
- Assist the PM with the development of RFPs, budgets, funding requests, and contract execution related to BHS projects.
BHS Standards and Specifications:
- Work with partners on maintaining United BHS design Standards.
- Ensures all new BHS work is compliant with United’s BHS standards and specifications.
- Work with internal and external partners and OEM vendors to develop or integrate new BHS technologies into United’s BHS operations.
United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- 4 + years of experience in airport construction or facilities maintenance.
- Proficient in MS Excel and other office products
- Basic understanding of industrial Automation (PLCs and associated devices)
- The ability to communicate and present technical information to a diverse audience
- Strong ability to resolve conflict, influence outcomes, and build interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of baggage operations
- Must be able to read and understand BHS mechanical and electrical drawings
Ability to travel up to 25%
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years of work experience in small to medium BHS projects(<$50M) or
- 2+ years of large BHS projects (>$50M)
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.