|Post Name||Laborer Summer Student|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 1500 To CAD 1600 Per Month|
||Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada T9H 5N4|
Launched with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
This is a seasonal position on a 7 on / 7 off Rotation – Compressed Work Schedule
Flights and camp provided.
Flight hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Under close supervision, the Labourer Summer Student will perform basic, non-technical tasks to maintain structures and grounds common to Operations & Maintenance (O&M) contract facility sites and structures. This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor and will be assisting our Facility Maintenance team.
- Assists other workers with running errands, i.e. retrieving supplies/materials for tasks, holding objects (materials requiring more than one person), cleaning up after completion of tasks, etc.
- Clean air conditioners with a portable gas-powered pressure washer while wearing a full rain suit.
- Must comply with the work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested, and completing work orders per instruction.
- Operates basic cleaning equipment.
- Moves furniture and equipment as assigned.
- Performs non-technical tasks such as delivering, receiving, painting, and watering.
- May assist in inventory of materials for reference.
- Loads or unloads material, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors, or trucks.
- Ensures all light fixtures are operational, changes light bulbs as necessary.
- Observes assigned area(s) for damage, etc., and report to supervisor items needing attention, make simple repairs and adjustments including unstopping toilet(s) as requested.
- May be required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to trash collection and removal, in an occupied, restroom, and commons area cleaning.
- May be required to mix appropriate chemical(s) per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested
- Must be enrolled or returning to school in the fall. Must provide proof of enrollment upon offer.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Previous Trade/Renovation Experience as an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- WHMIS 2015
- OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks which include the ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
- Must have the ability to work outside in ranging temperatures of 30 degrees plus at times.
- Safety conscious attitude
- Willingness to train on a skid steer, sanding units, articulating trucks, packers, etc.
- Must be willing to work in fluctuating climates (hot, cold, wet) and environmental conditions
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Must be comfortable working on/in close proximity to water
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol test and Fit for Duty test
- Other training that would be beneficial would be the following:
- Forklift Certificate
- Zoom boom Certificate
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.