|Hiring Organization||The City of Maple Ridge|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada V2W 0A2|
This is manual maintenance and construction work of some variety and complexity, which requires the performance of skilled and semi-skilled tasks. The duties may involve hazardous working conditions, and specialized skills and the incumbent may be assigned to various supervisors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Considerable experience in civil construction and Municipal maintenance work. Some training and knowledge in the operation of small power equipment such as saws and rollers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and materials used in civil construction and Municipal Maintenance work;
- Must have the ability to understand, carry out and effectively communicate to fellow employees, oral and written instructions from a supervisor;
- Considerable skill in the proper and safe use of a variety of hand and power tools related to the work;
- Ability to keep simple records of the work performed;
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to respond to after-hours emergencies;
- Must show independence of judgment in the performance of duties and work with a minimum of supervision;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate: small rollers, a variety of power saws, jackhammers, oil sprayers, vibrators, concrete mixers and drive light duty trucks.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES:
- A valid class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required.
- Works with a crew to complete assigned tasks in a professional and competent manner. The employee should have knowledge of construction techniques.
- Ability to operate light to medium duty trucks occasionally;
- Performs skilled and unskilled labor to ensure the efficient operation of the division in accordance with departmental and divisional policies;
- Ability to use power tools such as cut-off saws, compactors, and experience working with Asphalt black top and Concrete placing and finishing preferred;
- You may also be required to work in the Sewers and Waterworks division on a need basis;
- As part of the application process, we require you to upload your driver’s abstract.
- Possession of a valid B.C. Class 3 Drivers License c/w air brake endorsement or heavy equipment operation experience will provide an added opportunity for advancement;
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a temporary full-time position for approximately three (3) months which may be extended or concluded at any time based on operational needs. Please note there are three (3) temporary full-time positions available.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program, and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.