Building HVAC Technician
|Post Name||Building HVAC Technician|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3500 To USD 4500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10017|
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses, and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, the Internet of Things, and video entertainment.
Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures, or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Starting, operating, repairing, and maintaining various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment (i.e. air handling equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing motor controllers and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Installing, repairing, and calibrating various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of temperature and humidity control equipment.
- Performing inspections and making repairs on equipment/systems as required by company practices and/or regulations/ordinances.
- Reviewing and interpreting word orders, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans, and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Climbing ladders, working aloft, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays, and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for…
You know HVAC and other building systems like the back of your hand and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work for the V Team. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You take pride in a job well done because you know better matters!
You’ll need to have:
- Valid refrigeration license and ability to pass, obtain and maintain a current certificate of fitness for one or all of the following: fire standpipe, sprinkler, welding, oil burner, and air compressor operation.
Even better if you have:
- Relevant vocational or technical training or 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
Work Tour Hours are rotational 7 am-4 pm, 4 pm-12 am and 12 am-7 am, Monday to Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is as needed by the business.
- Building Maint Qual Test
- Real Estate Field SI
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.