|Hiring Organization||DSV Air & Sea Inc.|
|Post Name||Warehouse Operator|
|Qualification||High School diploma (or equivalent)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60143|
Create, coordinate and complete shipments of goods between the company and clients. Coordinate with off-site logistics locations, suppliers, and vendors to meet deadlines and track all shipments.
Process orders and ensure shipment schedules are met. May develop and maintain operational reports and complete shipments of goods between the company and clients. May act as a point of contact for customer service. Ensures the completion, accuracy, and delivery of transactions for clients. May dispatch requests to transportation providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily activities for an assigned shift or within an assigned area or function.
- Adheres to specific warehouse work instructions for receiving, labeling, storing, shipping and value add services as required in accordance with DSV Air & Sea standard policies and procedures.
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service.
- Works with the supervisor, warehouse manager, and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the client.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves products to the correct destination. Efficiently stage, stack, and load the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or unloading areas into the correct load door and the assigned trailer. Ensures that the trailer is secured and choked prior to entering the trailer in accordance with safety policies.
- Loads/Unloads product correctly using the appropriate handling techniques. Segregate, check, and stage inbound products correctly.
- Verifies the driver, trailer, and bills are all for that specific carrier and location. Counts freight with the driver and ensures all requirements are followed. Loads the trailer for safe transit and ensures the driver signs all required paperwork.
- Performs all Forklift activities as required. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintains an organized and orderly desk/office area.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Educational background / Work experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Must have forklift experience
Skills & Competencies
- Basic level required with the ability to verify inventory, order accuracy, and other quality-driven initiatives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate orally and in writing
- High level of customer service skills
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Processes
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in customer service and logistics (will consider an equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Material Handling Certification
- Dangerous Goods Qualification
- Forklift Operation and Certification
- Some experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications.
Physical and/or Mental Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported.
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment with exposure to changing warehouse temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
DSV Air & Sea Inc. employees are hired for an undefined period of time as “at will” employees. This means that an employee may be terminated for any reason, or no reason at all, at any time, provided the discharge does not violate any law*. Additionally, each employee has the right to terminate his/her employment at any time.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best-performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward with your career.