|Hiring Organization||Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions|
|Post Name||Warehouse Worker|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 11220|
Matthews International is seeking committed, hardworking Warehouse Workers to work in the Brooklyn NY area for our Service Center within our memorialization business segment. This is a part-time position, first shift, approximately 30 hours per week with an hourly pay rate of $18.
The Warehouse Worker will be performing all functions for the arrival, departure, and delivery of specific products within our memorialization business segment including the loading, unloading, and inventory process.
- You will be loading and unloading caskets and other memorialization products from our various production facilities.
- Preparing products for delivery and unloading products to be stored in our warehouse.
- Scanning products, pulling correct orders, and maintaining a clean work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- 1+ years of previous warehouse experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Ability to work weekends on occasion.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry that is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue-generating programs and services.
Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.