|Hiring Organization||Siemens Energy, Inc.|
|Qualification||Minimum High school diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Minimum High school diploma or GED
- Five plus (5+) years of experience as a qualified/certified welder of rotating equipment and associated components.
- SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW welding certifications
- Previous experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Possess the ability to communicate with supervisors clearly, professionally, and effectively
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Ability to perform set-up and operate a variety of welding machines and heat treatment equipment.
- Perform SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW-type welding on Centrifugal Compressor and Steam Turbine components (Diaphragms, Nozzle Blocks, IGVs, Turbine blade blending).
- Interpret dimension and tolerance symbols identified on prints, and manufacturing drawings and verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by prints, specifications, or procedures.
- Interpret and execute Preheat and PWHT procedures and instructions. Record and maintain welding logs and welding records.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Increase knowledge and experience with multiple types of rotating equipment
- Exposure to best practices for rotor weld repairs, impeller weld repairs, stationary component repairs, and blending, of multiple types of rotating equipment
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted medical or religious accommodation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Our Houston Service Center performs inspections and repairs to the TCP, IST, RCE and Gimpel Product Lines. We work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, and correctly and meet customer expectations. We follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens’s commitment to be the “Industry’s Premier Service Provider”.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.