|Post Name||Combo Welder|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77092|
At WeldFit, the position of Combo Welder is responsible for producing on-time quality welding work by performing the duties and responsibilities below.
Other Duties / Expectations:
- Prepare and set up appropriate welding equipment parameters and processes as required by the contract drawing and approved welding procedures
- Follow standard procedures in maintaining welders’ traceability on the workpiece when work is completed.
- Weld as needed using Sub Arc Welding, GTAW, and GMAW techniques
- Must be able to perform arch gouging when required
- Communicate with your supervisor in all aspects (safety, productivity, and quality) of work.
- Ensure only designated and correct weld wire is used per the WPS.
- Maintain good organization/housekeeping in your work area of responsibility.
- Take good care of equipment from welding machines to welding positioners, etc.
- Always achieve high production with good quality output.
- Work and think safely at all times.
- 3 years of experience welding pipe (100% X-ray)
- Must have experience with arc gouging and torch
- Must be able to pass a 6G MIG/flux weld test
- ASME Vessel experience required
- X-ray positioner skilled welders
- Basic Layout Skills
- Blueprint Reading Skills
- Mathematic Aptitude
- 6G Welding Skills
- Verbal and Written Communication in English
- Time Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Flux Core, Mig, and Sub Arc Welding Skills
- Sense of urgency based on priorities
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and climb
- The capability of lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- High Level of manual dexterity
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to distinguish various colors/color coding
- Ability to pass a vision test
- Willing to admit to hearing baseline test