|Hiring Organization||Planned Parenthood – Hollywood Health Center|
|Post Name||Development Writer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field related to screenwriting, communications, or journalism, or equivalent work experience required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90029|
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Development Writer with excellent communication skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Writer is a creative storyteller who knows how to connect through the written word.
They will support the Development Department by writing and editing compelling mission-based, donor-facing materials including the annual report, impact reports, case for support, newsletters, donor email blasts, and mid-level and director response solicitation letters.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 57+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County.
The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
All employees of PPLA are defined as Healthcare Workers by current Public Health Orders and are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption must be submitted in order to be eligible for employment consideration.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field related to screenwriting, communications or journalism, or equivalent work experience required
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of professional experience in writing, Development/Fundraising experience is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of reproductive health care issues is preferred but not required with the ability to relate to diverse communities
- Availability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as required
About the position:
- In support of Senior, Development Staff compose external, donor-centric communication materials to solicit funds, steward donors, and raise program awareness of the organization and its programs throughout Los Angeles County
- Write and edit external communication materials content for Agency’s donor publications – including printed and e-newsletters, Annual reports, brochures, etc.
- Monitor Agency response to relevant local news reports, issues, and media stories for potential donor communications
- Collaborate as needed with national (PPFA), and Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project (PPAP)
- Work with The Office of the CEO, The Office of the CDO, Patient Services, Community Education, Human Resources, Finance, and Public Affairs departments to develop editorial content and compelling narratives to share with external stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with Public and External Affairs in the review of materials; ensuring integration of organizational messaging, the accuracy of data, affiliate branding and reputation is consistently and accurately communicated
- Develop communications content in support of the team and department-wide needs; deliverables may include case statements, info sheets, videos, PowerPoint presentations, partnership proposals, talking points, corporate partnership and cause marketing deliverables, and more
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short-Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, medical condition, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. PPLA will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.